- The diameter of mars is 6,792 km .
- The length of day in earth days and earth hours on mars is 1 earth day and 37 minutes.
- The length of year in earth days on mars is 680 earth days .
- Mars average distance from the sun is 228,000,000 km.
- Mars has two moons and there names are Phobos and Deimos .
- Mars surface is a dry ,barren wasteland marked by old volcanoes and impact craters.The entire surface can be scoured by a single sand storm that hides it from observation for days at a time.
- Mars has an atmosphere and its atmosphere is thin.The atmosphere is too thin to easily support life as we know it.The extremely thin air on mars can also become very dusty.Mars atmosphere is made os Carbon dioxide , Nitrogen , Argon .
- Mars is named after the Roman god of war .
- Mars was discovered in 1659.
- On mars 100 lbs would weigh 38 pounds.
- The average low temperature is -1400c and the average high temperature is 200c.
- Mars mass is 0.107 .
On august 12,2005 Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter was laugh searching for evidence of past water on mars.On september 29,2006 MRO took its first high resolution image from its science orbit.The image points to past episodes of fluid alteration along the fractures and reveals clues into past fluid flow and geochemical conditions below the surface.
- Mars is a terrestrial planet .
- Once had large scale water coverage on its surface.
- Mars can easily be seen from the earth with the naked eye.
- Mars has approximately half the diameter of earth its less dense than earth.
- Mars consists of minerals containing Silicon and Oxygen ,metal ,and other elements that typically make up a rock.
- Parts of the planet crust have been magnetized.
- Much of the surface is deeply covered by finely grained iron oxide dust.
- Mars is too cold.
- Olympus mons is roughly 17 miles (27 kilometers)high .
- mars is older than earth , in large part due to its greater distance from the sun .
- The axis of mars , like earths , is tilted with relation to the sun.
- The seasons that mars experiences are more extreme than earths because the red planet elliptical , oval shape around the sun.
- Mars currently has no global magnetic field.
- Mars likely has a solid core composed of iron , nickel , and sulfur .
- Both phobos and Deimos are apparently made of cabon rich mixed with ice and are covered in dust and loose rocks.